Reports to: Youth and Family Programs Manager
Commitment to 10 weeks and/or one academic term with a minimum commitment of 15-30 hours per week of service, with days and times to be scheduled in consultation with supervisor. Hours of service are based on season of year. Although this internship is unpaid, school credit can be provided.
EDUCATION DEPARTMENT DUTIES:
- Assist the education department in planning and hosting programs. Take registrations, mail packets, collect and/or set up supplies and equipment, greet attendees, and collect/summarize evaluations, and conduct research.
- Assist with program delivery depending on training received to give museum tours or deliver special programs.
- Participate in and successfully complete interpreter training or participate in and successfully complete self-study interpreter training over the course of the first two weeks of the internship.
- Ability to travel to off-site locations.
- Ability to work some weekend days and/or evenings.
- Other duties as assigned.
Computer literacy with working knowledge of MS Office software required. Successful candidate must have accurate keyboarding skills and experience with standard office equipment. Classroom experience through employment, other educational internships or academic requirements is required. Interest in and aptitude for customer service; ability to interact in a helpful manner with students and teachers of all ability levels and ethnic backgrounds at Preservation Trust sites and at off-site locations; ability to work independently and as part of a team; must be able to provide own transportation.
HEALTH AND SAFETY REQUIREMENTS/INSTRUCTION:
Interns are advised of OSHA standards through required signage and administrative updates compliant with federal and state law.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by employees assigned to this classification. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified.