Reports to: Director of Communications
Employees Supervised: none
The Graphic Designer provides support to the communications department and is assigned work tasks that may include designing for print materials such as posters, magazine ads, display signs, coupons, rack cards, etc.; creating digital ads, web graphics; designing for email marketing; and coordinating with freelance designers on projects as needed.
- 1-3 years’ graphic design experience in a professional setting.
- Experience with Photoshop resizing, retouching and saving for the web and print
- Experience creating print materials with Adobe Illustrator and InDesign
- HTML (basic knowledge of coding)
- Experience with responsive design
- Experience with email marketing platforms (preferably Constant Contact)
- Ability to multitask, prioritize, stay organized and respect deadlines
- A team player and good communicator
Administrative offices are located in a downtown historic building. Oak Park and Hyde Park Trust sites are located in multi-level work areas not accessible to the mobility impaired. Workplace is a smoke- and drug-free environment. Equal opportunity employer
HEALTH AND SAFETY REQUIREMENTS/INSTRUCTION:
Employees advised on OSHA standards through required signage and administrative updates compliant with federal and state law.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by employees assigned to this classification. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified.