Supervisor: Daily Operation Manager/Volunteer Resources Manager
Employees Supervised: none
Provides administrative and program support of active volunteers at all Frank Lloyd Wright Trust sites. Acts as back-up manager on duty at all sites as required; act as manager on duty one weekend day each week. Assist with ongoing operations of volunteer resources.
- On a regular basis, schedule volunteers at the Home and Studio, Robie House, Rookery, Bach House, and Unity Temple including group tours, public tours, specialty tours, events, programs, and facility rentals.
- Keep schedule up-to-date by continuously checking group tours, events, or changes in volunteer needs. Update/consult with Operations Managers and Managers on Duty.
- Assist with daily Guest Relations duties as needed.
- Serve as manager on duty at least one day per week and when the Daily Operations Manager is out of the office.
- Provide administrative and program support for the Volunteer Resources Manager as directed:
- Facilitate orientation at multiple sites and make recommendations for training class.
- Prepare and maintain active volunteer information and database, manage volunteer retention efforts.
- Coordinate the logistics, amenities, materials and administrative needs for volunteer events.
- Plan and implement organization-wide training programs for volunteers. Facilitate select sessions.
- Build a positive relationship with all volunteers at Trust sites to ensure positive and professional delivery of services.
- Complete the interpreter training program for tours at all sites and successfully learn to lead tours and deliver programs. On occasion, interpret the house museums for visitors, VIPs, volunteers and staff.
- As a team member of the Trust team, demonstrate positive interpersonal skills that promote professionalism, open communication, respect for all positions and contributes to the success of the organization.
- Perform other duties and responsibilities as requested.
Bachelor’s degree in museum studies, liberal arts, or related degree with a minimum of two years prior work with volunteers. Understand protocols for handling sensitive information. Excellent written and verbal communication skills. Microsoft Office capability and experience with database management required. Ability to master other software programs as needed. Must be self-directed, creative, detail oriented, flexible, and organized. Weekend and evening availability required.