Reports to: Director of Information Technology Systems
Employees Supervised: none
The technology support position provides technical support assistance within the entire organization. This role is focused with assisting IT Director with daily IT duties, systems administration assistance, and help desk support. We have six locations which include Bellwood, Downtown Chicago, Hyde Park, Oak Park (2 sites), and Rogers Park. We operate 7 days a week. Weekends and rotating on-call is required.
- Provide systems administration support
- Exceptional customer service
- Managing IT help desk requests
- Audio Visual setup and support
- Desktop and Systems support
- Imaging and deploying new workstations
- Monitoring network integrity
- Moving equipment between 25-75lbs (computer equipment)
- Backup and disaster recovery
- Effective ability to communicate technical details to non-technical users
- Group Policy and permissions based knowledge
- Work with various department to assess technology demands and support
- Basic networking experience
- Active directory knowledge
- Knowledge of Microsoft and Apple products
- Windows 7, Server 2003, 2008, 2012
- Basic VM or virtualization knowledge
- At least 1-3 years of experience
Administrative offices are located in a downtown accessible historic building. Oak Park and Hyde Park Trust and Rogers Park sites are located in multi-level work areas not accessible to the mobility impaired. Position requires frequent and regular computer and phone use as well as travel to off-site locations. Workplace is a smoke- and drug-free environment. Weekend and evening hours required. Equal opportunity employer.
HEALTH AND SAFETY REQUIREMENTS/INSTRUCTION:
Employees advised on OSHA standards through required signage and administrative updates compliant with federal and state law.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by employees assigned to this classification. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified.