Supervisor’s Title: Director of Tour Operations and Guest Experience
Employees Supervised: None
Classification: full-time Non-Exempt X
Works as a member of the Guest Relations retailing team to promote and execute sales in the museum shops. Provide excellent customer service and contribute to the sales goals of the organization.
- Provide world class customer service to guests. Build relationships, share product knowledge and present a clean, safe and visually appealing shop environment.
- Accurately operate registers to enable merchandise, membership, tour and event transactions.
- Act as a resource for guests about merchandise, tours, events and programs available at all museums.
- Consistently work to achieve shop sales goals, which support organizational revenue goals
- Be knowledgeable with all products. Process and stock merchandise as required.
- Oversee daily operations of the shop. Open and close according to approved policies and procedures and security guidelines.
- Supervise retail sales representatives serving on shift that day. Responsible for reporting any work related issues to supervisor.
- Provide sales mentoring, training and motivation to sales staff.
- Works collaboratively with Administrative Manager to maximize sales revenue.
- Handle cash and provide change without error.
- Assist in inventory tracking and annual physical inventory.
- Monitor POS equipment and resolve or report problems.
- Open/close safes, count drawers, and count banks.
- As a team member of the Trust, demonstrate positive interpersonal skills that promote open communication, respect for all positions, maintenance of confidentiality and success of the organization.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
High school diploma or equivalent. Position requires excellent customer service and communication skills. Sales experience in retail, museums, or other service industry with proven results preferred.
Administrative offices are located in a downtown historic building. Oak Park and Hyde Park Trust sites are located in multi-level work areas not accessible to the mobility impaired. Position requires frequent and regular computer and phone use; regular exposure to weather conditions; ability to move loads up to 40 lbs. Travel to multiple locations as well as evening and weekend assignments necessary. Workplace is a smoke- and drug-free environment. Equal opportunity employer.
HEALTH AND SAFETY REQUIREMENTS/INSTRUCTION:
Employees advised on OSHA standards through required signage and administrative updates compliant with federal and state law.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by employees assigned to this classification. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified.