Department: Guest Services
Supervisor’s Title: COO
Working with the Chief Operations Officer, administers all aspects of Guest Services operations to ensure internal efficiency and quality of guest experience. Organizes schedules, training, and resources for staff Guest Services Representatives and Trust Volunteers. Monitors overall effectiveness of Guest Services activities and provides advice for changes and improvements.
- Implement successful delivery of daily guest experiences and activities including but not limited to tours, events, and special use of sites.
- Mastery of Microsoft excel, word, and other software applications.
- Organize schedules and orientation for Guest Services staff to deliver quality visitor experiences.
- Ensure that staff and volunteers are assigned, available and prepared for the day’s programs and events. Call or conduct tours as needed.
- Respond quickly and effectively as any relevant opportunities and challenges arise. Work collaboratively with other departments as needed.
- Ability to update event calendar, follow up with vendors, and customer inquiries.
- Attention to detail, ability to meet deadlines and prioritize tasks accordingly.
- Professional speaking ability and great communication skills
Open, close, and secure the museum and sites according to approved policies, procedures and security guidelines.
- Responsible for tracking and reporting visitation and participation data to include over the phone tour reservations.
Central administrative office is accessible; museum buildings are multi-level work areas not accessible to the mobility impaired. Position requires frequent and regular computer and phone use. The workplace is a smoke- and drug-free environment. Equal opportunity employer.
Health and Safety Requirement/Instruction:
Employees advised on OSHA standards through required signage and administrative updates compliant with federal and state law.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by employees assigned to this classification. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified.
The assigned work site is at The Rookery, located in the financial loop district.