Supervisor’s Title: Director of Development
Employees Supervised: none
Classification: Non-Exempt (15 hours per week)
The Administrative Assistant for Development performs administrative duties for the department as assigned and supports the efficient operation of Development and Membership functions at the Trust.
- Answers department phones and responds to inquiries.
- Performs administrative duties related to department mailings, reports, grant preparation, and donor solicitation letters.
- Provides back up to Membership Coordinator with membership enrollments and renewals.
- Executes database entries. Maintains and updates donor lists and records.
- Occasional member/donor event duties.
- As a team member of the Trust, demonstrate positive interpersonal skills that promote open communication, friendliness, respect for all positions, maintenance of confidentiality and success of the organization.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Bachelor’s degree. Some prior administrative experience required. Previous experience in a development office useful. Computer literacy and competence with database entry.
Administrative offices are located in a downtown historic building. Oak Park and Hyde Park Trust sites are located in multi-level work areas not accessible to the mobility impaired. Position requires frequent and regular computer and phone use as well as travel to off-site locations. Workplace is a smoke- and drug-free environment. Equal opportunity employer.
HEALTH AND SAFETY REQUIREMENTS/INSTRUCTION:
Employees advised on OSHA standards through required signage and administrative updates compliant with federal and state law.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by employees assigned to this classification. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified.