Supervises: Building & Grounds Staff and Contractual Workers
Reports to: President and CEO
The Facilities Manager is responsible for oversight, operation, and security of Trust historic buildings and other properties, maintenance of physical sites, and functioning of all building systems including mechanical, electrical, fire/life safety, plumbing and waste management. Oversees contractors involved in facilities building and grounds projects and delivery of services. Ensures that building operations comply with all local zoning codes and regulations and works with key staff on emergency preparedness. Develops and administers facilities budgets. Establishes and oversees systems that ensure safe and orderly operation of the physical properties.
- Manages buildings and grounds of all Trust sites
- Ensures the facilities are fully operational and all utilities ae functioning properly
- Oversees security of buildings and grounds
- Oversees emergency fire/safety at all Trust sites. Builds and maintains relationships with local fire and police departments.
- Manages HVAC preventive maintenance in all Trust buildings
- Schedules and supervises maintenance staff and service contractors on Trust sites.
- Develops and administers the facilities annual budget.
- Serves as first responder to emergency alarms and calls at Trust sites.
BA or BS in management, engineering or equivalent experience in safety/security management professions. Knowledge of general maintenance methods, operating requirements, and safety precautions related to facilities management. Knowledge of OSHA and other environmental regulations. A minimum of 3 years of managerial/administrative experience. Experience with budget management and supervision of workers. Well organized with good communications skills.