Department: Preservation and Facilities Date Prepared: January 2107
Supervisor: Preservation Architect and Facility Director
Responsible for working with Preservation Architect on documentation of restoration work, cataloguing, and preservation and facility maintenance projects at Frank Lloyd Wright Robie House and Frank Lloyd Wright Home and Studio (majority of work will be at Robie House.) This position is a one year temporary position. This is a 3 day a week position for maximum 24 hours a week. Work must be completed during the M-F work week.
Duties will vary, depending upon the organization’s goals and objectives for that period, and the abilities and objectives of the individual.
EXAMPLES OF DUTIES:
- Assist with documentation of restoration work under way at Robie House. This work includes but is not limited to photography, editing of drawings, filing, cataloguing of objects and construction log entries.
- Assist facility staff to get building ready for visitors when it is impacted by construction. Assist with facility staff paperwork.
- Update preservation/restoration databases using FileMaker Pro.
- Assist with completion of Robie House Conservation Management Plan, and updating of our Site Maintenance Plans and Emergency Preparedness Plans.
- Modify existing AutoCAD drawings as needed.
- Act as a team member representing the Frank Lloyd Wright Trust in execution of our mission statement and assisting in the responsibilities of operating a historic house museum site and the ongoing educational and social events the organization provides.
Enrollment in historic preservation, conservation or architectural program. Proof of strong writing skills. Experience with Publisher, File Maker Pro and AutoCAD preferred.
Majority of work in historic building currently under restoration. Exposure to environmental allergens including dust, pollen, mold and building materials pre-OSHA standards. Frequent high levels of noise. Multi-level work area; museum building and administrative offices not accessible to the mobility impaired. Workplace is a smoke- and drug-free environment. Equal opportunity employer.
HEALTH AND SAFETY REQUIREMENTS/INSTRUCTION:
Employees advised on OSHA standards through required signage and administrative updates compliant with federal and state law.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by employees assigned to this classification. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified.