Department: Guest Relations
Supervisor’s Title: Sales Managers, Museum Shops
Employees Supervised: None
Classification: Part Time - Hourly
As part of the Guest Relations team, promote and execute ticket, merchandise, and membership sales in the museum shops. Provide excellent customer service and contribute to the sales goals of the organization. Weekend hours as well as travel to the Home and Studio in Oak Park, Rookery in downtown Chicago, and Robie House in Hyde Park is required.
- Provide world class customer service to guests. Build relationships, share product knowledge and present a clean, safe and visually appealing shop environment.
- Accurately operate registers to enable merchandise, membership, tour and event transactions.
- Handle cash and provide change without error.
- Act as a resource for guests about merchandise, tours, events and programs at Trust sites and the surrounding areas.
- Consistently work to achieve shop sales goals, which support organizational revenue goals.
- Securely open and close the shop, including open/close safes, count drawers, and count banks.
- Be knowledgeable with all products. Process and stock merchandise as required.
- As a team member of the Trust, demonstrate positive interpersonal skills that promote open communication, respect for all positions, maintenance of confidentiality and success of the organization.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
High school diploma or equivalent preferred. Position requires excellent customer service and communication skills. Some sales experience in retail, museums, or other service industry with proven results preferred.
Multi-level work area; museum building and administrative offices not accessible to the mobility impaired. Position requires frequent and regular computer and phone use; regular exposure to weather conditions; ability to move loads up to 40 lbs. Travel to multiple locations as well as evening and weekend assignments necessary. Workplace is a smoke- and drug-free environment. Equal opportunity employer.
HEALTH AND SAFETY REQUIREMENTS/INSTRUCTION:
Employees advised on OSHA standards through required signage and administrative updates compliant with federal and state law.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by employees assigned to this classification. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified.