Date: 1907
Address: n/a
City: Geneva, Illinois
Accessibility: Private
Category: Residential
Restoration status: Destroyed by fire in 1910

Colonel George Fabyan commissioned Wright to remodel an Italianate house on his estate as a private country club around the same time that he commissioned the renovation of his own home. The structure included fourteen guest rooms, and visitors could divert themselves with recreational activities like canoeing, swimming, croquet, bowling, cards, and pool. A large dance hall featured exposed wooden beams and stringcourses, and a long porch shaded by projecting eaves extended across the entire length of the structure.


< Previous | Next >

Back to The Buildings of Wright's Chicago Years

Share