Holiday Open House
“On Christmas Morning we would run eagerly to the playroom fireplace where we had hung our stockings the night before. They were always filled with candy, spiced cakes, cookies, and surprise packages.”
- John Lloyd Wright
Wright’s son John recalled family holidays at the Oak Park Home – a tree in the playroom fully trimmed and surrounded by gifts, handmade cards by Wright’s sister Maginel, and stockings hung from the mantel, “the day flew by in its festive noise, everyone full of smiles.”
You are invited to join the Frank Lloyd Wright Trust for a celebration of the season. Bring your family and friends for a free tour of Wright’s Oak Park Home, decked for the holidays with a spectacular tree, poinsettias, fresh flowers, evergreens and wreaths in keeping with the Wright family tradition. Enjoy hot chocolate and cookies, family craft projects in Wright’s Studio, and Holiday Shopping Specials with free gift wrapping.
Welcome to our Home for the Holidays!
- Bring the family for a complimentary holiday tour and refreshments
- Engage in a special holiday design project in the Studio drafting room and learn more about how our Education programs serve the community
- FREE gift with every $50 purchase in the Museum Shop. Plus, become a Trust Member and save 20% on purchases all day
- Free gift wrapping
- Learn more about the Trust’s Donor Circle, which supports important preservation work, and honor a friend with your donation
- Enter a drawing for a special prize
Saturday, December 1, 2018
10 am – 4 pm (Arrive at any time between these hours)
Frank Lloyd Wright Home and Studio, 951 Chicago Ave, Oak Park
Free. Registration required.
Children’s Playroom. Photograph by James Caulfield