Holiday Open House
“On Christmas Morning we would run eagerly to the playroom fireplace where we had hung our stockings the night before. They were always filled with candy, spiced cakes, cookies, and surprise packages.”
- John Lloyd Wright
Wright’s son John recalled family holidays at the Oak Park Home – a tree in the playroom fully trimmed and surrounded by gifts, handmade cards by Wright’s sister Maginel, and stockings hung from the mantel, "the day flew by in its festive noise, everyone full of smiles."
You are invited to join the Frank Lloyd Wright Trust for a celebration of the season. Bring your family and friends for a free tour of Wright’s Oak Park Home, decked for the holidays with a spectacular tree decorated with traditional German glass ornaments, poinsettias, fresh flowers, evergreens and wreaths in keeping with the Wright family tradition. Enjoy hot chocolate and cookies to savor the holiday season and family craft-making activities in Wright’s Studio. Stop by the Museum Shop for special discounts and free gift-wrapping.
Welcome to our Home for the Holidays!
- Bring family and friends for a complimentary holiday tour, treats and activities
- Create a special holiday design in the Studio drafting room
- Save $20 on a Trust membership - a perfect holiday gift
- Members can spin the wheel for a chance to receive up to 30% off in the Museum Shop
- Free gift-wrapping available for all Museum Shop purchases
- Enter a drawing for a special prize
- Please consider bringing a non-perishable item to donate for a food drive benefiting the Greater Chicago Food Depository.
Saturday, December 7, 2019
10 am – 4 pm (Arrive at any time between these hours)
Frank Lloyd Wright Home and Studio, 951 Chicago Ave, Oak Park
Free. Registration required.
Children’s Playroom. Photograph by James Caulfield