Find hours, location, directions and accessibility information at each of our historic sites.

  • Frank Lloyd Wright Home and Studio

    Frank Lloyd Wright’s first home and studio, birthplace of an architectural revolution. Wright used his home (1889) to explore design concepts that contain the seeds of his architectural philosophy. In his adjacent studio (1898), Wright and his associates developed a new American architecture – the Prairie style. The historic district surrounding the Home and Studio has the greatest number of Wright-design residences anywhere.

    More >
  • Unity Temple

    Unity Temple

    Unity Temple (1905-08) is Frank Lloyd Wright’s only surviving public building from his Prairie period. It was designed and constructed in 1905-08. Limited by a modest budget and an urban site, Wright created an innovative design and used unconventional materials to produce one of the most sophisticated accomplishments of his early career.

    More >
  • The Rookery

    The Rookery

    Set in the heart of Chicago’s financial district, Daniel Burnham and John Root’s Rookery Building is a Chicago landmark, containing a luminous and brilliantly articulated central light court remodeling (1905) by Frank Lloyd Wright. Balancing Burnham & Root’s ornamental ironwork and his own vision, Wright created a spectacular environment – one of his most dramatic interior compositions.

    More >
  • Frederick C. Robie House

    Frederick C. Robie House

    Sparking a revolution in residential architecture that still reverberates today, the Robie House (1908-10) is considered one of the most important buildings in the architectural history. The house is a masterpiece of the Prairie style and a forerunner of modernism in architecture.  A historic restoration is underway at the Robie House.

    More >
  • Emil Bach House

    Emil Bach House

    The richly conceived yet intimately scaled Bach House (1915) adopts the vocabulary of the Prairie house, but looks toward future stylistic directions in Wright’s work. Described as “semi-cubist,” its compact plan is a modification of Wright’s “fireproof house,” which was published in 1907 in Ladies Home Journal. In 2013 the building was meticulously restored to its original appearance.

    More >