875 Lake Street, Oak Park, IL 60301
Tour Hours: Monday, Wednesday, Thursday, Friday 9 am – 3 pm;
Saturday 9 am – 1 pm (last guided tour 1 hour before close)
Closed: Tuesdays & Sundays as well as Thanksgiving, Christmas Eve, Christmas Day and New Year’s Day.
Map & Directions
Unity Temple is a three-block walk from the Frank Lloyd Wright Home and Studio.
From downtown Chicago
Take I-290 West. Exit at Harlem Avenue (rte.43) Turn right (north) and drive 1 mile to Lake Street. Turn right (east) on Lake. Unity Temple is on the southeast corner of Lake and Kenilworth.
Street parking is available at metered parking spots. A public parking lot is located on the corner of Lake and Forest, 1 block west of Unity Temple.
From downtown Chicago (CTA)
Take westbound Green Line (to Harlem) to the Oak Park Avenue stop. Walk under tracks and go north on Oak Park Avenue to Lake Street. Turn left (west) and walk 2 blocks to Unity Temple. 5-10 minute walk.
From downtown Chicago (Metra)
Board train at Ogilvie Transportation Center (Madison & Canal). Take westbound Union Pacific West Line. Exit at Oak Park stop. Walk north on Marion Street to Lake Street. Turn right on Lake and walk 2 blocks to Unity Temple on the southeast corner of Lake and Kenilworth. 10-15 minute walk.
Unity Temple has limited wheelchair accessibility. The entry hall and main floor of Unity House are accessible; the main floor of the sanctuary is accessible with the use of a special lift. Advance arrangements are required for the lift.
- Check-in and pick-up your tour tickets at the Unity Temple entry hall.
- Please arrive no later than 15 minutes prior to your specified tour or event time.
- For certain special programs and events, you may be placed on a guest list rather than receive a ticket.
- Late arrivals will join their specified tour or event in progress.
- Ticket purchases or reservations entitle the Frank Lloyd Wright Preservation Trust to unrestricted use of photographs taken by our staff or agents, without subject consent.