Guest Services Representative - full time, Seasonal
Supervisor’s Title: Guest Services Administrator
Employees Supervised: None
Classification: Fulltime, Seasonal (mid-March through mid-September), Non-Exempt
Work Schedule: Wednesday through Sunday
Carry out all aspects of guest services operations including, guest orientation, tours, retail sales, scheduling, phone reservations, administrative support, coordination of onsite special events, programs, and facility rentals. Travel to all public visitation sites may be required. Occasional evening hours required to meet the needs of the organization and customer service goals of the department.
- Deliver quality daily guest experiences and activities including (but not limited to): greet and orient visitors, call and conduct tours, sell and/or distribute audio tour equipment per established procedures, sell retail products and Trust memberships, facilitate programs, events, and special uses of Trust sites.
- Assist in the daily preparation of the sites for delivery of guest experiences including (but not limited to): signage, equipment, event and/or program set ups and housekeeping details.
- Ensure friendly customer service and safety goals that meet organizational objectives.
- Participate in and complete the interpreter training program(s), successfully learning to lead tours.
- As a team member of the Guest Services Department provide organizational support and back up as needed in all areas of department activity
- Some administrative duties may include: Sort and distribute incoming mail and coordinate outgoing mail and deliveries. Notify staff of faxes received. Maintain office supply inventory. Process general office supply orders, receive and disburse office supply shipments and keep general office supply storage areas stocked. Review shop inventory. Replenish kitchen supplies, monitor dishwasher and keep break room tidy and presentable. Provide basic instruction to staff on standard office machine operations and troubleshoot minor breakdowns including service calls.
- Serve as guest receptionist as needed.
- Assist on inter- departmental projects and perform other duties as assigned.
- As a team member of the Trust, demonstrate positive interpersonal skills that promote open communication, respect for all positions, maintenance of confidentiality and success of the organization.
High school diploma or equivalent preferred. Position requires excellent customer service and communication skills. Experience in hospitality, museums, or other service industry with proven results preferred.
Central administrative office is accessible; house museum sites are multi-level work areas not accessible to the mobility impaired. Position requires frequent computer and phone use. Workplace is a smoke- and drug-free environment. Travel to off-site locations necessary. Occasional weekend and evening hours required. Workplace is smoke- and drug-free. Equal opportunity employer.
HEALTH AND SAFETY REQUIREMENTS/INSTRUCTION:
Employees advised on OSHA standards through required signage and administrative updates compliant with federal and state law.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by employees assigned to this classification. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified.