Job Type: Part-time (Non-exempt) 2 days/15 hours per week
Job Location(s): Oak Park
Salary: $17.00 per hour
Supervisor's Title: Director of Development
Employees Supervised: None
The Membership Associate is responsible for the implementation and coordination of the Trust’s membership program. Reports to the Director of Development and collaborates with Membership Coordinator to meet the goals of the organization and the membership program.
- Process membership enrollments and renewals.
- Maintains membership department materials. Handles membership cards, guest passes and promotional communications.
- Prepares reports that provide up-to-date contact information for new and existing members.
- Initiates member donation requests and member donation acknowledgements in a timely manner.
- As a team member of the Trust, demonstrate positive interpersonal skills that promote open communication, friendliness, respect for all positions, maintenance of confidentiality and success of the organization.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s or Associate's degree
- Two years prior administrative experience required
- Previous experience in a membership office highly desirable.
- Must be highly organized, detail-oriented, proactive, and self-directed.
- Duties require a high level of competence with databases and Microsoft Office software.
- Familiarity with Blackbaud software useful.
Administrative offices are located in a downtown historic building. Oak Park and Hyde Park Trust sites are located in multi-level work areas not accessible to the mobility impaired. Position requires frequent and regular computer and phone use as well as travel to off-site locations. Workplace is a smoke- and drug-free environment. Equal opportunity employer.
Health and Safety Requirements/Instructions
Employees advised on OSHA standards through required signage and administrative updates compliant with federal and state law.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by employees assigned to this classification. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified.