Supervisor’s Title: Guest Services Administrator
Employees Supervised: None
Classification: Fulltime, non-exempt
Carry out all aspects of guest services administration and operations including, scheduling of staff and volunteers, guest orientation, tours, retail sales, phone reservations, administrative support, coordination of onsite special events, programs, and facility rentals. Travel to all public visitation sites may be required. Weekend and evening hours required to meet the needs of the organization and customer service goals of the department.
- Handles the primary scheduling of volunteers, tours, calendar reminders, and staffing for guest services.
- Participates in all aspects of guest services at multiple sites. Trouble shoots daily activities as needed.
- Collaborates on development of working schedules and communications for guest services department.
- Handles administrative records and approves/signs timesheets.
- Participates in and completes the interpreter training program(s), successfully learning to lead tours.
- As a team member of the Guest Services Department provide organizational support and back up as needed in all areas of department activity
- Some administrative duties include – Process general office supply orders, receive and disburse office supply shipments and keep general office supply storage areas stocked. Review shop inventory. Replenish kitchen supplies and keep break room tidy and presentable. Provide basic instruction to staff on standard office machine operations and troubleshoot minor breakdowns including service calls.
- Serve as guest receptionist as needed.
- Assist on inter-departmental projects and perform other duties as assigned.
- As a team member of the Trust, demonstrate positive interpersonal skills that promote open communication, respect for all positions, maintenance of confidentiality and success of the organization.
High school diploma required. Advanced degree or certificate desirable. Two-three years prior working experience in hospitality, administration, museum, or other service industry with proven results preferred. Excellent customer service and communication skills. Must be proficient in Microsoft Excel and Word processing software. Must be well organized and attentive to detail. A cooperative team player.
Central administrative office is accessible; house museum sites are multi-level work areas not accessible to the mobility impaired. Position requires frequent computer and phone use. Workplace is a smoke- and drug-free environment. Travel to off-site locations necessary. Occasional weekend and evening hours required. Workplace is smoke- and drug-free. Equal opportunity employer.
HEALTH AND SAFETY REQUIREMENTS/INSTRUCTION:
Employees advised on OSHA standards through required signage and administrative updates compliant with federal and state law.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by employees assigned to this classification. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified.