Date: 1907        
Address: 540 Fair Oaks Avenue, Oak Park, IL
City: Oak Park, Illinois
Accessibility: Private
Category: Utilitarian

Shortly after purchasing the Wright-designed house formerly owned by William Fricke, Emma Martin commissioned Wright to design a garage on the property. In harmony with the existing house, Wright designed the garage in his characteristic Prairie style. Its first floor was designed to accommodate a car and its second story featured a single room with a fireplace on one end and doors opening onto a balcony on the other.


< Previous | Next >

Back to The Buildings of Wright's Chicago Years

Share