City: Geneva, Illinois
Restoration status: Destroyed by fire in 1910
Colonel George Fabyan commissioned Wright to remodel an Italianate house on his estate as a private country club around the same time that he commissioned the renovation of his own home. The structure included fourteen guest rooms, and visitors could divert themselves with recreational activities like canoeing, swimming, croquet, bowling, cards, and pool. A large dance hall featured exposed wooden beams and stringcourses, and a long porch shaded by projecting eaves extended across the entire length of the structure.