5757 South Woodlawn Avenue, Chicago, IL 60637
Tour Hours: Thursday - Monday, 10:30 am - 3 pm
Museum Shop Hours: Thursday – Monday 9:30 am – 4:30 pm
Closed: Thanksgiving, Christmas Eve, Christmas and New Year's Day.
Closed to public on Tuesdays and Wednesdays.
Public tours of Robie House continue during its interior restoration. Visitors have an opportunity to observe the restoration in progress, and learn about the methods and processes through which a historic building is brought back to its original glory to inspire future generations.
This tour is free for Trust members! For member reservations: Visit our museum shops or call the ticket sales line at 312.994.4000 ext. 9. The ticket sales line is available 7 days a week 9 am – 5 pm CT.
Map & Directions
From downtown Chicago
Take Lake Shore Drive (US 41) south to the 53rd Street exit. Proceed on 53rd Street to Woodlawn Avenue and turn left. The Robie House is located at the corner of Woodlawn Avenue and 58th Street.
Street parking on the University of Chicago Campus is extremely limited, we recommend giving yourself ample time to find parking before your tour.
From downtown Chicago (CTA)
Take #6 Jackson Park Express bus from the northwest corner of State and Lake Streets, or any of the following intersections with State Street: Washington, Monroe, Jackson, Van Buren, Wabash, Congress, Harrison. Exit the bus at Stony Island Avenue and 57th Street. Walk six blocks west on 57th Street to Woodlawn Avenue. Turn south (left) on Woodlawn and walk one block to the Robie House. Alternatives are the #2 Hyde Park Express (weekday morning and evening rush hours only) and #X28 Stony Island Express.
From downtown Chicago (Metra)
Take the University Park Line from Millennium Station. Exit train at 55th-56th-57th Street stop. Walk 5 blocks west to Woodlawn Avenue and turn left.
The Robie House is accessible by public transportation or car. It is located at 5757 S. Woodlawn Avenue, on the campus of the University of Chicago, Chicago, IL. On-street parking is limited. Please allow additional time to find parking.
- The exterior and ground floor of the Robie House are accessible to guests in wheelchairs.
- The second floor, which includes the living room, dining room and kitchen, is not wheelchair accessible.
- The Trust has one standard-size wheelchair available at the Robie House.
- Walkers are permitted. All walkers will be inspected to ensure they will not damage the floors. The Trust has walkers with built-in seats available on a first-come first-served basis.
- “Will Call” Ticket Holders – Check in and pick up your tickets at the Robie House Museum Shop no later than 15 minutes prior to your specified tour or event time.
- “eTicket” Holders – Bring your eTickets with you and check in at the Robie House Museum Shop no later than 15 minutes prior to your specified tour or event time. eTickets must be exchanged for authorized admission tickets before the tour or event.
- Late arrivals will join their specified tour or event in progress.
- Tickets are not refundable or exchangeable.
- For certain special programs and events, you may be placed on a guest list rather than receive a ticket.
- Ticket purchases or reservations entitle the Frank Lloyd Wright Trust to unrestricted use of photographs taken by our staff or agents during your visit, without subject consent.